Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

NAKED Nails - a naked nails retrospective & Pure Ice Calypso




 
 Pure Ice Calypso - 3 coats with 2 coats of Nailene TC

 This is a very pretty shade - I love Pure Ice polish's, though they never seem to have many of the in/now shades when I visit Walmart in the USA. I knew it would be sheer, as I had read that it would be. It looks great at 3 fast drying coats. I though it would be brush-strokey but it wasn't .


Below; L-R 1 coat, 2 coats 3 coats   all with 1 coat of TC



Here is my naked nails retrospective, I take naked nail photos every once and a while for my personal archive. Some I post; some I just have in a naked nails folder.

Just as a recap - for people who haven't read about my thin strong and deadly nails; I wear artificial nails becuase my nails are thin and sharp - I have taken some serious scratches, as well as accidentally given other people some gouges from my real nails.  I have some horror stories and gory photos but I won't post them for now. 

I keep these covered with Nailene Active Square Artificial nails, or a longer length Fing'rs brand of artificial nail which are discontinued but can be found in some discount stores in the USA ( I refer to these as 'Trophy wife' length nails ) . It is very rare that I am not wearing artificial nails. I have had acrylics put on at the salon, but found when I 'broke' them or they ripped off it friggen hurt waaaaaay more and did way more damage then store bought artificial nails.

 It is also very easy for me to remove these artificial nails with acetone or the water soak off method. I have never hurt my nails more then when I ripped off a salon gel nail (except when a screw bit from my electric drill went through my nail bed.....  but i had naked nails then). I am a clumsy girl I guess.

Anyhoo- I am an artificial nail lover, and probably will wear these 4 life. I love how fast polish applies and DRY'S and I find them easy to apply and easy to remove. I am always answering questions about these nails from emails, and I DO like to hear about problems associated with them as well, so please feel free to contact me either in the comments or through email (deez10nailz@gmail.com)


Just a PSA: I can polish then use polish remover up to 7 times ( or more) with these artificial nails. Even using an acetone free polish remover or a gentle polish remover polish remover and an acetone clean up will weaken all artificial nails.



~♥~



In all of my naked nails photos I am wearing clear polish or Nailene TC


So here we are on Thursday.......

 September 9th, 2010


September 9th, 2010

in the Shade - check it... they are see-thru

thin, sharp and lethal..................

.... and a whole whack of naked nail photos from yesteryear


Nail injury aftermath - End of July 2010


May22/2010


May 22/10
May 22/10
~♥~

January 16th  2010
My seldom seen right hand nails = January 16th  2010
{ Staining from WnW Crystallic Royal red }

Saturday November 7th/09
Saturday November 7th/09

Saturday November 7th/09

 I feel vulnerable and exposed.... I am going to play with my glitter now



2 comments:

Lucy said...

Your nails are really thin! Have you ever tried taking Biotin? My nails have improved. They weren't see through but they broke easily. Now they're much stronger and grow faster.

Lois said...

Wow you're nails are thin! Maybe try what Lucy said?
Anyway, I gave you a sunshine award! http://nailyorkcity.blogspot.com/p/tags.html :)