Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

♥ Nail Fetish 'Grape Going' & Nail Fetish Skittles ♥




 4 thin coats of Nail Fetish Grape Going and 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.

Frosts with glitter in them go together like nuts and gum - WHY????? Why do NP companies do this? The base colour on this is extremely pretty, so its forgivable. Who thought that frosty-ness plus glitter would work well together?...... there are too many competing elements that sorta diminish the beauty of these three things and each is beautiful on their own..... just not together. The base colour, though - wow! I would love to have a 'real' polish just like it; minus the frost and glitter of course.

I did a skittles of all 5 Nail Fetish polish's I found at 'A Buck Or Two' dollar store in my town. I remember these when they were readily available in stores ( Shoppers Drug Mart ) they also had quite an assortment of coloured false nails in cool shades like vampy purples and hunter greens.....


Indoor fluorescent

Indoor fluorescent

Shade with Flash

Indoor fluorescent

Shade

Sun

Shade with Flash


L to R - Grape Going, Lizard, Gravy Train, Gothic


L to R - Gothic, Gravy Train, Lizard, Grape Going


Thumb is Crush a sparse holo glitter, layered over Lizard


L to R - Gothic, Gravy Train, Lizard, Grape Going, Crush


Cloud cover


Sunshine

Sade with Flash


5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so pretty! I never heard of this brand :)

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

WOW! Gorgeous colors!! I've seen the brand before ,but they're hard to come by

amusedPolish said...

wow, I really love the shades you've picked up.

AC said...

Dude! I totally remember Fetish polishes! weren't they sold at Walmart as well?

Despite the glitter/frost fail thing, I would have bought these just for the nostalgic value! Plus I have a thing for "vintage" nail polishes, lol!

You said it's ok to leave a link, so I am: http://latelyimobsessedwith.blogspot.com/

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

♥ rmcandlelight *I'm wearing China Glaze Stella* - These are oooooold! I was very surprised to find them

♥ ~*~ Dollface ~*~ - I was happy to find these weird colours.

♥ amusedpolish - thanks - it pays to visit all the shops and check out as many stores as I can.

♥ AC - I think that they could be found at walmart - I remember them from shoppers drug mart and zellers..... they are nostalgic and I am happy to have spotted them.