Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

~♥~ Billie " Tripp'in Smurffs" ~♥~






~ Outside shade ~

I am diss-appointed that there has not been sun-shine here for 2 days.... But I must continue on with my 7 day nail polish challenge..... I am sure to wear these colors again soon, I am ready to start modeling the bright pinks I acquired......


Here is an intense primary blue, aptly named " Blue", but I had to change the name to something more appropriate... I call this one Billie "Tripp'in Smurffs" This is a matte polish, it goes on easily and dries very, very fast. I fiddled around with some frankens this weekend, and this polish is helping to create some beautiful colored frankens....I think this polish looks like Smurffs. Because of it's matte-ness, it reminds me of blue tempra paint, like in school, just a basic plain blue.... it is definitely a fluorescent blue......adding a topcoat really made it flashy and noticeable....





The next  photo I added one coat of clear.....

My INDEX finger is just 3 coats of this shade, but all my other fingers I painted two coats of a opaque white polish, then 3 of the blue..... not sure exactly why all my nails look to be different colors, my ring finger looks really, really light, but I think it is just the angle...With flash, the 2 layers of white are really visible, My INDEX finger has no white undercoat, This color also looks alot brighter in the sun where I used the white " undercoat" I used two coats of white and 3 coats of this "blue" color.....



~ A photo of the 2 layers of white.. & glitter frankening I am working on ~
~This is only 1 coat of the blue, it is pretty sheer,
~so 3 coats will get it to the bottle color~




Ha-Ha, here is a photo of one of my previously posted polishes, the 'Orange" color, It matches perfectly with the price sticker from a store!!! All the while I wore that orange, I was craving orange Popsicles.....

3 comments:

Velvet said...

That is so cool how different the blue looks with the white polish as a base color! I will have to try that out! Beautiful pictures in all kinds of lighting.

Lucy said...

I love that color on you! Each polish is so pretty. You really hit the mother lode with these polishes.

Tuli said...

LOL....it does looks like Smurffs...lol.....and its so beautiful ! I want that blue too...but I can't get it here so I'll guess I'll have to look for it on the web...