Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

♥ a simple diagional mani ♥




ALRIGHT!!!!! I need to spend more time adding to my own blog..... Every time I get on the computer I end up reading other peoples blogs and loose track of time! there is over 200-ish active nail blogs...... when I started my blog a few yearss ago there was only like 20-ish...... I am sooo happy to see that people all over the world are sharing their ideas and polish's and mani's.... makes my heart flutter.... So thank you to everyone who contributes all their ideas, their swatches and info.....

♥ And thank you to Brynne @ Glitter me Stupid for that quick comparison of Joe Fresh Peacock to China Glaze Rodeo Fanatic - that means that this polish Icing Dark & Stormy is close enough for me to not acquire Rodeo Fanatic! = = = Lemming Fulfilled!

 I am on a jewelery making kick right now - so I have'nt really been loving my nails as much as usual.there is sooooo many awesome videos on the interwebz & youtube.... and I also have seen a few nail blogger whipping up some cool stuff!

Here is a quick and easy mani using China Glaze Shower Together as a base ( 3 coats ). I applied Nailene straight nail tip guides on the diagonal and added a thick coat of Icing Dark and Stormy = which dried really fast despited being layered over 3 coats of the base polish I used so now I love it even more. I removed the Nailene Straight french tip guides and added Art Deco glitter stripe in Teal Glitter.... which is a mix of green and teal glitter.... I need a sunshine pic for that!

Products used -

China Glaze Shower Together - 3 coats
Nailene Straight French Tip Guides
Icing Dark & Stormy on the Diagonal - 1 thick coat ( that dried surprisingly fast!)
Art Deco Stripe Glitter in Teal Glitter Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat -1 oat


 I thought that the glitter would be a nice compliment to the two polish's I chose. The art Deco glitter strpeing nail art polish's that Ihave dry really, really fast. They are like alot of glitter polish'
s bases where it is almost like hair gel (?) it dries super duper fast. However I think that the other brand of stripe polish that can be found at sally's Beauty has a much finer brush - where the Art deco brand is great for use where you do not need a fine line.... the brush is thick with alot of straw wonky hairs that can be easily snipped off.

all my photos are indoors under fluorescent lighting.....

































♥ Have a Great Weekend Everyone ♥




8 comments:

Leticia said...

I love this! I kind of want to do one now with red and green and a gold stripe for Christmas.

jaljen said...

I so wish I had the patience to do this. It looks wonderful.

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Another beautiful mani!

Lois said...

I love this mani, it's great! I love this on your nails :)

Lucy said...

Your manicure is beautiful! Love the combination of polishes. They compliment each other so well. I really like the diagonal style for the manicure. The glitter is gorgeous also. I used to try and read every blog I could. Plus leave a comment. I just couldn't do it. I've been sick this past week so I've gotten way behind. I'd love to read loads of blogs but it's impossible. I have a certain amount that I keep up with.

Anita said...

I love diagonal mani's, they may be my favorite and your colors are perfect. Awesome job!

Kaitlyn said...

i love this!!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

Cosmetics Aficionado - This is really easy! If you plan on adding glitter I think you can skip the nail guide and free-hand it - I will try that in a future post!!!!

jaljen - YOU CAN DO IT!, its just practice!

Lacquer Ware for Tips and Toes - Thanks! Its easy to do!

Lois - Thanks!

Lucy - Thanks Lucy - My goal is to share my ideas and easy simple nail art - as long as people 'look' then I will keep posting♥♥♥♥

I hope you felt better for the beguinning of the Holiday Season!

Anita - Thanks they are easy to do I try to do complimentary colours or two colours that are in extreme contrast with each other♥

Kaitlyn - Thanks - its easy to do!!!!