Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

♥ Joe 'Peacock' plus Claire's 10 for $10 ♥

Joe ' Peacock'  - 2 coats & 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat ( sunshine )

This is a really pretty shade - A rich Peacock/teal with purple flash, It looks dark blue in indoor lighting = very cool. My application sucked due to this huge stumpy and knobby brush handle (why do they make them like this???????) I like this color and the flash of purple in it it and will eventually pick up a polish similar to this, just in a much better bottle and hopefully with a normal non-stumpy brush handle.

I have a tonne of bubblez and there is really no way to fix that. At the moment I am deciding what other polish I can layer over this to hide my shame...... something glittery of course.

Also - I hit up Claire's in the mall for their 10 for $10 and got alot of frankening supplies and a back-up of 'Magic' I love those 10 for $10 sales, but it makes me reluctant to buy polish at regular price now.... (not really, but, you know..........) I am super duper excited to play around with those holographic glitter polish's, as well as that intense yellow 'Yellow Brick Road' = it is going to make some seriously awesome green frankens!!!!!


Sun

Flash


- Below - my Claire's 10 for $10 Haul - 

Back row; 
Clean Slate -Metallic Gunmetal Grey-ish
Magic  - For backup!!!!!
2 yellow brick roads for frankens
Matte Grey
Matte Cobalt ( really dark )
& 4 'Hollywood's' for frankens

Ugh - I couldn't stand those bubblez - So I added 1 coat of a franken I had recently made 'Iced Ice' and on my pinky's I added a coat of Pure Ice 'Oh Baby', below.

Sun ( pinky w/ Pure Ice 'Oh Baby' )

fluorescent
flash

flash



9 comments:

Caitlin said...

great haul from claire's! are ALL of their polishes 10 for 10 or only a select few? :)

Lokum Hanim said...

Amazing color!

Wan said...

Wow! I never knew Claire's had 10 for $10 sales! All this time I've been buying their polishes at regular price! *cries*

Love Peacock on you! I passed on it when I saw it at superstore last week, might have to go back and get it! Thanks for the beautiful swatches! =D

Dainty Darling Digits said...

I have to admit- I love Claire's 10 for $10 sales. I can pick up some good jewelry sometimes and when they have polish...I'm in heaven!

I had some serious application issues with my bottle of Yellow Brick :(

Biba said...

Peacock is gorgeous!

Taki J said...

Pretty, pretty color and great deal from Claire's def the time to stock up!!

Perles & Paillettes said...

Wow, Peacock is beautiful ! I wish my local Claire's made that kind of offers ^^

KarenD said...

Oooh--nice Claire's haul! I've been looking at those Joe Fresh colors on their website--a lot of nice ones. As soon as my passport renewal comes through, I think I need to make a trip across the border to look for these.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

♥ Caitlin - Just a few of the older polish's at Claire's are 10 for $10, this usually happens once every 1.5 months.

♥ zuzu - Thanks!

♥ Wan - they are always on the bargain racks in the back. in malls in my Provence they usually put out a sign right when you walk in the store.

♥ l0verlada - I'm 'not allowed' to buy any more jewelery for a while, but they had some really cool stuff this time. My bottle of 'Yellow Brick Road' needed almost 5 coats - a neat finish though.

♥ Biba - yes it is, I hope to find something similar to it in a normal bottle.

♥ Takij - this is how I aquire most of my Claire's polish.

♥ Ayuu - Thanks - the peacock is actually from our local grocery store.

♥ Karen D - I am excited to hop across the border to te USA for some Pure Ice, Sinful Colours, Arissa as well as a bunch of other cool American only stuff. Hope there are some goodies at the Dollar Tree left for me♥