Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

♥ Winter Wonderland ♥


~ these gems surprised me, I did not even think I would use them ~



BASE = 2 coats of Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue' with 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong
SPONGE = Billie French White
EMBELLISHMENTS = Nailene Bedazzle #71042
HEX GLITTER = 'Stampendous' Brand
FINISH with a thick coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat


Dang - I got so into doing my nails that I forgot to take photos of the step by step processes. Basically it is what I wrote up there. I started with a base of  2 coats of Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue', followed by Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat, I sponged on Billie 'French White', and when that was dry, I applied the Nailene Bedazzle gems ( set # 71042 ) they are very small, but have a wide area of  'backing'  on them so they are easy to pick up.... I applied these 3 different sized gems in random areas of my nails. My right hand does not look as pretty as my left hand.

The clear backing from these Nailene Gems are visible in macro mode, and if your fingers are like less than 5 inches from your face= but they disappear on the nail, they are not as noticeable in real life.. It looks neat in my first photo up there.  All my photos are indoors, under fluorescent lighting.
 


 ~ This looks like massive snowdrifts ~


 ~ This looks like 'snowfalling' ~



 ~ Polish's I used ~



 ~ Working on my sponging, and arc of sponging area ~



 


 


 ~ Stuff I used ~


~ This is a good set... there is a  few snowflake looking stickers..... ~




 ~ SNOWFLAKES.... NOT FLOWERS ♥ ~


 ~ SNOWFLAKES.... NOT FLOWERS, just bare with me  ♥ ~


 ~ Fancy glitter ~




 


16 comments:

Polish Hoarder said...

Wow that looks like so much work! Very nice though! Love the sponged snow!

Paige said...

I LOVE this, it looks fantastic!

Brooke said...

these turned out awesome!!

Varnish Addict said...

Love it, very artistic :)

Mae Espiritu Makeup Obra said...

i love the snowy effect! i loooove it! =)

Unknown said...

This is so pretty - it looks just like a snowy night!!

cucumpear said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I never even considered trying the sponge application before.

Nicole said...

Oh, this is SO cool! I love it. It's very festive! You're so creative.

Doo ♥ said...

Really cool in both meanings of the term LOL Got to love sponging for snowy designs :)

jaljen said...

OK, where's a sponge when you need one?

Cool-o-rama!

Tuli said...

Oh wow ! This is beatiful !

Le Cocon de Voune said...

Hi! I just tagged you for an award : http://nefertari21.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-love-your-blog-award.html
xxx

Claire's Blog said...

Wow ! I like the way you explain... it seems so easy !

I love your work and tried to make your nails like you did for Halloween... it a was great ...only on one or two nails !Lol ! I'm not that good !

Dee said...

I super love the idea of sponging white polish to make it look more like snowfall!

Also, my aunt living in Ontario sent me the exact same nail stickers just recently. How coincidental is that!

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I hope I can pull this one off. Thanks

Unknown said...

I love it!! Looks like you dug your fingers in the snow :) Must give this look a try :)