Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

♥ Maybelline - 'Bronze Beam' ♥


I was so happy to spot this beautiful polish at a bargain store in my town, but when I tried it on I was super disappointed with it. I imagined it would be a shimmery sheer bronze with minuscule copper sparkles. I think this is a lovely base color and the glitter color and size works well in this polish - but it has an extreme texture to it..... My other older maybelline polishs with glitter do not have a texture like this. Maybe this 'Textureized Nail polish' was in style in the early 90's.... hmmmmm

Anyhoo- this is Maybelline Bronze beam, 2 coats with 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. Does anyone else have or remember this polish? And was it this textured / grainy? All my photos are indoors with Fluorescent Lighting, because it is freezing outside ..... { -23 yippee = winter.}



 


 




 


 
 ♥


6 comments:

Paige said...

That is lovely!

Colette said...

I got this from one of my Dollar Tree hauls - I haven't worn it yet, but I pulled it out & looked at it in the bottle & on the brush & does not look as rough-textured as shown in your pics. =( Too bad you got a weird bottle, maybe it dried out a little & the bits got mixed back in?

MightyLambchop said...

This is a great color! I like the texture.

jaljen said...

I love this. And I like the texture too! Somehow "gritty" suits brown polishes. Don't know why...

Shannon said...

Despite the problems, this is a gorgeous polish!

cucumpear said...

I really like this one, the texture looks a bit leathery in the macro shot.