Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

♥ ...... More blue ♥


~ Billie Steel Blue 2 coats & Maybelline 'New Years Blues' Sponged on ~
~ 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong T.C. ~

When I planned on doing another blue sponge mani- I was aiming for something a little more festive, more Christmas like.... but this totally looks like something water or ocean themed. Oh well, it turned out very pretty anyway. I started with 2 coats of Billie 'Steel Blue', waited for it to dry and sponged on Maybelline 'New year's Blues' at the base of my nail, fading towards the tips of my nails. I waited for that to dry and applied 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I was hoping that the teal glitter in 'New Years Blues' would show up better but there is only a few visible on the nail.

 I planned on embellishing this a bit more but think it looks pretty enough on it's own

It is friggen freezing here in my town and so I did not take any outdoor photos of this mani. Hopefully the neat sponge effect is what comes across the most. I love this look and would not have thought to try it had I not seen how easy it is, here is a link to an inspiring  sponge mani on Nihrida's Blog.


I have last worn this beautiful blue Maybelline polish 'New Years Blues' in summertime - it is a very pretty deep blue, with small teal glitter. Another polish I do not wear enough......


~ Photo from summertime Maybelline 'New Year's Blues'~


~ Indoor Fluorescent Lighting ~
~ Indoor Fluorescent Lighting ~
Billie 'Steel Blue' & Maybelline 'New Year's Blues', Nailene Acrylic Strong T.C.
~ Indoor Fluorescent Lighting ~
I know these mailing labels are WTF, but I have soooooo many just sitting around, and I cannot find my Scotch tape....There is 2 missing in my house! I like to add barrier cream around my cuticles, as well as going overboard with the scotch tape/mailing labels...... the less remover and acetone that gets on my skin the better♥
~ Indoor Fluorescent Lighting ~



~ Indoor Fluorescent Lighting ~



~  Billie 'Steel Blue' 2 coats  ~



~  Billie 'Steel Blue' 2 coats   ~


5 comments:

Paige said...

I love all of those blues; I can't pick a favorite!

chocaddict said...

I love the sponge manicure, both blues are gorgeous. Those Billie polishes are definitely on my never-to-be-fulfilled lemming list ^_^

1xellus1 said...

beautiful blues! thanks for sharing your secrets with us! i just thought you were PERFECT re: application & I was a total slob. LOL Now I get it! LOL singu

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

Thanks for the follow, favor returned!

I love this design with the sponged-on look, I never thought of trying that but I think I will now!

Polish Hoarder said...

I love this blue manicure. Looks amazing! So dimensional!