Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

♥ Billie 'MoonBeam' ♥


~ 2 coats of Billie 'Moonbeam' =  No T.C. on NAKED nails { my real nails} ~


This is the only Billie  polish that I am not happy with - this is a great color; it is very vibrant and extremely noticeable, but the finish is allllll wrong. I am going to have to run over to my favirote store in my town and snap a quick photo of the 5 glitters in this collection I found recently.

I love this shade, but the finish is frost and is much too opaque for the glitter to be visible...... some glitters show up, but not enough to satisfy me. I will likely franken this with a clear polish to see if I can fix-it-up. Maybe if it was a little more transparent, the pretty glitters would show through.

The name is awesome,,, 'Moonbeam'. All of the glittered frosts have cool names. My photos are indoors under fluorescent lighting { no top coat }

 



 



 







5 comments:

Camila said...

I really liked this color, it's a shade of pink really nice, but I think that resulted in many balls in the application ... Does a top coat may resolve?

Danielle87 said...

Really pretty pink

1xellus1 said...

The pink is a gorgeous shade. Wondering if a top coat would smooth it out. Something is off...like it's too gritty or something! I have a sally hansen that is very similiar to this. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see the photo of the other colors.

Johanna (Paillette) said...

I did this with a franken, too.
I put glitter over the top, the bumps are invisible and the base shows through.
It's a way to use a pretty color!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

.
♥ Camila - Thanks I love this color too, but the lumpiness drove me nuts! I will eventually try this again but with alot more top coats.

♥ blkprincess87 - Thanks! I love this shade too!

♥ 1xllus1 - Thanks! I will use alot of top coat next time I wear this.

♥ Paillette - I think that when using glitter the base color needs to be very sheer so that the glitter can show through. I may add some clear nail polish to this soon♥