Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

♥ NP Challenge #2 ♥


I am doing a little 'nail polish challenge' to see how many looks I can come up with using only 2 nail polish colors, along with base coat & top coat. I plan on doing some easy nail art, and polish techniques which are simple and require very little 'tools, like french tip guides, mailing labels, sponging etc.... Just for fun....

The colors I am using are Billie 'French White' & Wet n' Wild 'Sapphire Blue', along with a clear nail polish & Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.




Nail polish Challenge #2 entry..... My Right hand, which I am NOT GOOD at photographing... I cannot seem to keep my left hand still while holding the camera.  I have used sponging, and some zig-zag scissors, as well as a gentle 'S' curve for my thumb.

 I used a big blob of Top Coat over the areas where I applied the Wn'W 'Sapphire Blue'. This helped alot in preventing the polish's from smearing, as well as to prevent picking up color with the brush of my Top Coat. I overdid it on my ring finger, as there is a very noticeable ridge where the zig-zag design is.


I was patient this time and did let all the polish dry thoroughly, though I still messed up my pinky and middle finger somehow. Oh Well! These are concept nails, I am trying to not go out in public with these.....at the moment I am on my 5th one, and I still have a hard time with all my nails having very different patters/designs. The skittles mani - with different colors do not bother me as much.


For all my nails, I started with a base of 2 coats of Billie 'French White', then did the designs.

THUMB -  Gentle 'S' curve - 2 coats each polish
INDEX - Sponge @ the tip of my nail
MIDDLE - Sponge @ the base of my nail
RING -Vertical Zig-Zag - 2 coats of Wn'W Sapphire Blue
PINKY - Zig-Zag across the diagonal of my nail - 2 coats of Wn'W Sapphire Blue


I was sure to apply clear scotch tape around my nail for the sponging...=  less clean up! As well as using Avon Moisture Therapy hand cream to my cuticles and surrounding areas. All my photos are indoors under fluroescent Lighting


~ Pinky & Ring ~

 ~ Index ~

~ Thumb ~
 


 ~ Apply pattern stickers & taped up cuticle area for sponging ~


 ~ after 2 coats of Sapphire Blue ~


 ~ With Top Coat ~



7 comments:

Paige said...

I love these designs, they are so cool!

Mae Espiritu Makeup Obra said...

great idea.. =)

Lucy said...

You have a big job to do with just 2 colors for the whole holiday season. I love the designs on your nails. You always have such amazing techniques.

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

Try putting topcoat on the pattern stickers to seal it so that they come off with crisp edges.

I got that suggestion for my paintings when using masking tape, so I'm wondering if it will work with this :)

Unknown said...

I was looking forward to seeing more from your challenge!!

Your thumb nail looks great - that's a fun design! The sponging looks so nice too - that makes the perfect 'snow' look. Can't wait to see more!! You're so creative!

Steffie said...

I love the gradient nails. I have tried them many times, but they never seem to turn out right.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

.
♥ Gilded Angel - Thanks! these were really easy o do.... I was a little heavy handed with the blue on my ring & pinky nails.

♥ ART OF NAIL - Thanks!

♥ Lucy - I whipped up some cool designs and finish's I am very proud.

♥ JustSomeNailsByMJ - Thanks I did try this and worked perfectly!!!!!


♥ Brooke - Thanks- I am having fun doing this. Sponging is such an easy and neat thing to do with nail art.


♥ Steffie - Thanks I love the gradient look too - and it;s very easy to do with a sponge. I wanted to try the gradient liquid, but found this worked just fine.