Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

green zebra nails


here is a fun ( and quick ) zebra mani. Not as well executed as my last two zebra nail looks, this was a rush job♥ I really wanted to get the best out of AVON Electric Green, here I have layered it over a lovely pastel green but still had to use 3 coats to get to a perfect opacity. I added the deep green zebra stripes to help disguise some brush marks and a cracked index nail.


 Stuff I used for this mani; Avon Electric Green Icing Green stripe polish and Nailene TC




 last week                                                                                   today















layering didn't help much

I still would need 3 coats to hide any brush marks or bare spots, all I really achieved with layering AVON Electric Green was a bit of a deeper colour. I do love this polish below; Icing Bamboozled Again, and wear it on my toes quite often. Below - on my pinky nail - is 1 coat of Avon Electric Green layered over 2 coats of Icing Bamboozled Again.


....and one more photo

16 comments:

KarenD said...

So nice! I appreciate all the pics alone and layered and striped. :)

Anonymous said...

your zebra stripes are so real looking i used a toothpick and clearly didn't get those results lol

lots to learn from you hah

Danielle! said...

So friggin sick!!! I have such a soft spot for anything animal print, and green animal print is even better!

Natalie said...

I agree with Belle,your Zebra stripes are very real looking!

Unknown said...

your stripes are amazing! I thought there was a new plate that I missed lol

Natalie said...

Oh, I love this! I've never seen green zebra stripes done before, but I LOVE it! Very pretty! :)

GothamPolish said...

This is the color of Nickelodeon slime - LOVE IT!!!

Delainie said...

Green and zebra print.. two of my favourite things!!

Gottwinkies said...

I LOVE that look! zebra stripes in green win the day!!!

Sminkan said...

This looks absolutely beautiful!

JQ said...

SOOOOOOO HOT.

A Polished Touch said...

Wpw, very nice take on the zebra trend. I love it. :)

Vanessa said...

I love the way you are so creative with your nails! Lovely.

Feel free to check out my blog - I'm a newbie Canadian. :) http://nail-a-holic.blogspot.com/

Lucy said...

Darn, for some reason the phot isn't showing up. I love this polish. I have to have this Avon polish. I love this shade of green.

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

That green tiger stripe is DELISH!!

Kim said...

I love the zebra... the green is to die for but too bad it's from Avon! I had bought some Avon polishes a while back and they are so flippin' hard to put on! It's like you have to work 2 and 3 times as hard as normal to get them to look good, lol. I'm glad to see its not just me!