Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Diagional Mani's - A Trip Down Memeory Lane


Since I will be wearing my mani from yesterday again today ( and possibly tomorrow ) here is a spam post of diagonal nail looks. Normally I would list the polish's that I used for these looks and  I would make a link to the original post = but that will take a looooong time.

( "yesterday again today; and possibly tomorrow" = is going in my franken polish name file, that is a fabulous name for a nail polish )

 Since the beguinning of adding nail polish photos to the internet I have been diligent about labeling my photos with the polish's I have used, as well as my blog name deez-nailz........... so if you click on a photos it will take you to the picasa photo album they belong to, with the names of the polish's  and products used as well as the date it was posted.

♥ But if there are any questions, please let me know in the comments. ♥

There are 3 readily available french nail tip guides that can be found easily at drug stores or department stores. ( Available In my region - I know there is some fancy french tip guides available but this is what I'm work'n with)



I have also used mailing label stickers, scotch tape, packing tape, green painters tape and those re-bingder things for paper. All with success - but - I often have a sticky glue residue left on my nails. So when it is humid out, I am sticking ( lol ) to store bought french tip guides.

I have also found that waiting until my base polish is dry, then applying top coat and let it set before I try anything type of french tip sticker application - will ensure that I do not 'pull up' my base polish or have any type of residue stuck to my nails. So many of these looks are with fast drying nail polish's, and some are day old manicure's that jazzed up.

This look is so easy to do. It is a perfect disguise for tip wear or chips. If you are unsettleb by a wonky-wavy line where your two polish's meet; it is fast and easy to trace that line with glitter.

..................and here are many, many photos for inspiration






































14 comments:

Gail said...

Hi there! I just received a Kreativ Blogger award, and I wanted to pass it on to you! Hope it's OK to leave the link here:

http://gksagenda.blogspot.com/2011/05/k-award.html

The Preppy Student said...

They all look great! Nice post

FOREVER '92 said...

"yesterday again today; and possibly tomorrow" -is such a long name for a nail polish ^_^
OMG, I totally want to do a diagonal mani, thank you for posting all these inspiration pics. You are truly amazing!

Anonymous said...

Perfect!!! I always use the nails as well.
Fallow me... This is new blog.

http://unascolores.blogspot.com/

Gail said...

These are fantastic! So much inspiration!

The Sneakerette said...

these look awesome! i want to try the tape thing, but i havent gotten around to it yet

Minnie said...

Your nail art designs are so neat! I love all these colour combinations:D

Anita said...

I love all of these. You're totally inspiring me!

Ruthie said...

Really, really like your diagonal manis! So classy and you show so well how they can be dressed up or down as desired by leaving them solo or adding glitter, dots, decals, stamping, etc.!

Did my first diagonal mani last week (I think it was last week) and absolutely loved it! :)

Replied to your comment re PI and Sinful (and about the franken you wondered if I used LMN Diva in, too)! :) I feel like we're playing a game of telephone, no? LOL! :D

Hope you have a wonderful night tonight/day tomorrow, girlie! XOXO

~Ruthie

Angeles said...

Amazing collection! I remember many of them and even I have copied someone... ;-)

Minty said...

They all look amazing! I especially love the second one!

mynailzz said...

these are all awesome!! :)

Toyomi said...

I love them all ! These are all beautiful.

Unknown said...

I really love diagonal manis. I can do them so much better than a regular funky french, so I opt for them quite a bit.