Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

AVON Chocolate Deluxe with Claire's Goldmine


This was my mani from yesterday - not terribly creative, but flashy enough for a cold gloomy Tuesday


3 coats of AVON Nail-wear Pro Chocolate Deluxe. This is a lovely brown polish with prominent gold shimmer. Like all the Nail-wear Pro polish's I have tried this applied wonderfully and dried fast. I swooped on Claire's Goldmine, starting from the side of my nail and fading towards the center.


3 coats of AVON Chocolate Deluxe - No Top Coat





Claire's goldmine is a translucent gold with silver and gold holographic glitter. I also have the silver version of this polish. I wore this earlier this year - it is a hoooooongy glitter and needs 2 liters of top coat to smoothe it out. 

When I use a glitter polish with properties like this I try to use as little as possible. Mainly because removal is a pain in the bunz, but also a polish like Claire's Goldmine will need 2 or 3 coats  they suck up top coat and remain 'textured' even after 2 or 3 coats.


here is 1 coat of AVON Chocolate Deluxe - this polish leans on the red side of brown


and 3 coats with No TC


These next 3 photos are not necessary for this post, I am trying out different setting on my camera, and different indoor locales for lighting. In Central Canada it is still chilly: I haven't put any plants in yet, and have only been able to wear sandals 3 times so far THIS YEAR.

sun - 4:45 p.m.


shady office 4:45 p.m.


indoor flourescent


6 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooo, pretty, did you just drag your glitter brush side ways?

LittleBitColor said...

Wow, I love so much this color, even alone!

Samantha said...

pretty combo!

Anonymous said...

wow the gold and brown look so warm together - never knew claires had such nice nail polish either

Gottwinkies said...

*drool* I love that combo and the chocolate is awesome all on its lonesome!

Lucy said...

I love that shade of brown. So warm and gorgeous.