Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

black matte with silver glitter tips


This is a simple easy nail look, a matte base with a strong silver glitter. The contrast is neat, I am normally not a fan of the matte look, but this makes the glitter have extra impact in comparison to the plain dull base polish.

I applied TC to the glitter area after I took these photos to smoothe out any lumps. I like this glitter tip look when my false nails are trashed from jewelery making or around the house projects that are unkind to my nails..... it hides everything♥

All my photos are indoors under flourecent lighting without a proper clean up. I photo-shopped the nail polish mistakes in the above photo - I think I did a pretty good job!


1 thick coat of WnW Black with 2 coats of Claire's Matter Top Coat

I added Billie Cosmetics Silver to the very tips of my nails

I used Art Deco Silver Glitter Stripe Polish, extending past the silver.....

and added a coat of Love My Nial's Milky Way



 ♥



10 comments:

Joyce said...

I love this mani,,,,for some reason it reminds me of the NY skyline at night.

FOREVER '92 said...

I love all your manicures!! I totally want a matte black now ^_^

Yasmin said...

Very cool mani! I would love to try this!

Ruthie said...

One word: HOTTTT!!!

Reminds me of a sweet "flames" accent paint job on a muscle car! Thanks for the step-by-step, I never would've been able to figure out how you did the gradient!

BTW, not sure if you saw (cuz of the dumb comment system where I can't truly "reply" to anyone!) but I commented back to you on Tascha Twinkletoes (blue franken w/pink and blue string glitter) w/the recipe! Just wanted to make sure you knew since you asked about one of the ingreds! :)

XOXO

~Ruthie

Varnish Me Up said...

This is very cool! Ive been thinking of doing glitter tips and I like how yours look.

Lucy said...

Man, that is cool! I love matte polish and the glitter is really amazing. I love the contrast!

Chelle said...

This is one of my favorite manicures that you've done!

Toyomi said...

I love this nail looks. Kinda makes me want a matte black.

kelkel said...

That is awesome!

Liz said...

Hi I tagged you for an award on my site! I'm not sure if you already did this one, but if you didn't I'd love to see what you write. :)