Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Berry Blast Off


This is 3 thin coats of NYC Manhatten, followed by 2 coats of At Deco pink stripe polish, a purposely messy addition of Raspberry glitter and a few of those fake rhinestones set into wet Top Coat. I really should have used 2 coats of top Coat, becuase this glitter textured and marred what should have been a shiny surface.

It's strange how some glitter nail polish is smoothe and only needs a light coat of Top Coat, and some glitter polish needs 2 or even 3 coats to get a shiny even surface. I got these fake rhinestones from the DollarRama and if they are covered by polish, any polish, the shiny finish clouds over. So now I just set them into wet top coat.

These fake rhinestones hung on for the day despite being placed into wet Top Coat..... My thumb nails and ring nails lost a few gems towards the evening but none of them got stuck in my hair.... this time!


NYC New York Color Manhatten, Art Deco Pink Stripe Polish, Icing Raspberry Glitter






I used a piece of spaghetti ( not cooked lol ) to pick up these gems and place them into wet TC

My Right hand, which I plan on adding to more posts.... my left hand gets all the glory

Icing No-Name Glitter...... I think I'll call it Raspberry Glitter

 2 'coats' of Stripe polish

with the glitter & gems

25 comments:

Emma said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I think I'll have to look out for the NYC Manhattan it's beautiful :D You are so amazing at nail art, I have major nail envy xxx

feedkmayeorchids said...

Super cute and love the colors!

Nail Stories said...

Wow. These look super. They definitely look like icing on a cake! Lol! I'll definitely be trying that out with my nail art polish :-)

Natalie said...

I love the glitter polish. The whole look is pretty!

TheSwatchingSprite said...

This is beautiful and SO eye catching!

Lalica said...

Amazing, I love it.

CherryColors said...

This is gorgeous! I totally love it <3

AbsolutelyAddicting said...

I absolutely love this! its so gorgeous!

Alissa said...

Gorgeous! I love these colors together. I can never get the swoopies to look right on myself, so I am jealous :)

Minnie said...

Wow! This is very pretty!! Thanks for making gif:D Easy to follow step by step:)))

Dani ♥ said...

super lindooo

Paola said...

Really lovely as usual... great colours!!
But this time I have to confess I would have skipped the glitter over the design... I think the stones and the shapes would have stand out more without it!

LipGlossGossip said...

I love this! :)

Natalie said...

So gorgeous! What a beautiful design! :)

Hennie said...

Super duper pretty! Love your little step by step gifs too!

Laura said...

That looks amazing! I'd never be able to be so neat or accurate freehanded. You're certainly talented :-)

Unknown said...

i love these they are really cool :)

shel xx

Fiona said...

This is pretty awesome, I'm loving the Icing glitter and this color combo. I want a berry sundae now...

Lucy said...

I'm so happy your using so many NYC polishes. Also happy that I've got them all. This is a beautiful shade. I think I like the manicure before the glitter.

Paulina said...

it looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

The color combo is gorgeous!

A Polished Touch said...

What a great look! I own NYC 'Manhattan' and am very tempted to try something similar with this polish. Thanks for a great look. :)

Sminkan said...

Really pretty! You are so good at creating nice designs!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Well named! I love the colors together. Oh, and I think that polish may be a mini of Icing's Party Hardy (just checked my stash, boy do I have a lot of untrieds!)

Minty said...

Those nails are FIERCE! I love it!