Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

♥ Purple Franken Diagional Mani ♥


2 frankens layered

Here are two pretty frankens I made. Even though I keep whipping up all these pretty frankens it doesn't stop me from BUYING MORE FRIGGEN NAIL POLISH!!!!!! Seriously, I am running out of room to store all my bargain nail polish riches. Anyhoo I made a very pretty lilac franken using Billie 'White' and N.Y.C. 'Chinatown', and layered another pretty franken I made using Wet n' Wild 'Pink Sapphire' and N.Y.C. 'Chinatown'.

This is 2 coats of my lilac franken followed by a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I wore this plain for the day then added the sparkly franken to dress it up. I find myself appreciating just plain creme polish's lately = I used to be all about the glitter.... I guess I am growing up ( hahahaha)

I like the look of two contrasting polish finishes when I do a diagonal mani - two opposing colours on the color wheel looks cool, too. Actually - I think pretty much anything looks cool in a diagonal mani. It's such a simple easy thing to do to dress up any  manicure or to stretch out a roughed up manicure. I placed a Nailene french Tip Guide on the diagonal and and added 2 thin coats of my sparkly franken; probably should have used three. When I was sure it was dry, I removed the french tip guides and added a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. 

I swiped this sparkly franken on my whole pinky nail to see what it would look like =  but I loooooove my diagonal manis so of course I had to whip out the french tip guides.


Sun


Shade

To make this pretty lilac shade I used Billie White, N.Y.C. China Town

Shade with Flash = oops I wasn't wearing Top Coat yet in these photos...............

Shade

To make the sparkly franken i used to layer over my other franken I used N.Y.C. Chinatown, Wet n Wild Pink Sapphire and some clear nail polish.

L to R - N.Y.C. 'Chinatown', Wet n Wild Rock Solid in 'Pink Sapphire' and my franken

apply Nailene French tip guides diagonally across nail
I applied 2 thin coats of my franken that I made with N.Y.C. China-Town and Wet n' Wild Pink Sapphire and a little bit of clear polish.....
When it was all dry I removed the french tip guides and  applied a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat {{ there is no top coat in this photo......}}

















Sunshine

8 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

We had a very similar idea today :) Diagonal stripes were popular!! These are some gorgeous neutral purples. Very nice!

Cel said...

Lovely colours.
I am quite the opposite, as I get older I want more glitter and sparkle.

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! Such a unique color. Thanks for the recipe :D

Unknown said...

Here is my flickr photo stream if you like to add it :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmcandlelight/

nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

Supersparklekitty said...

You make it look so easy to do the diagonal mani,and what pretty frankens!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Remember seeing those old ladies that wore too much makeup, dressed way to young and wore glitter? Oh, I made fun of them too. Now I AM one! lol

This is a cool mani! Yes, I love how the colors compliment each other. I haven't done a franken yet, but I would like to find some colors to copy this design.

Anonymous said...

Hello
Great blog. PLs visit mine, its alittle different that most nail blogs. I am a celebrity manicurist so my blog is about polish, nail care, beauty and my professional advice. take a look
www.perfectionispossible.com

KarenD said...

Awesome mani! Thanks for showing how you did it--gives me hope I might be able to manage to do my own one day. :)