Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

♥ Pure Ice 'Busted' with Franken 'Sidewalk Grey' ♥

 
Franken Sidewalk Grey - 2 coats & 2 coats of Pure Ice Busted tips

Here is one of the very first frankens that I posted 'Sidewalk Grey'. It is a rich Grey with the slightest purple shimmer/flash. I like Grey nail polish = but I barely have any....... I wore this -plain- for 1 whole day before i jazzed it up with Pure Ice 'Busted'. I looooove this Pure Ice polish, I would layer it over every polish I wear, it is in my top 5 favorite polish's.  And deserves a lifetime acheivement award for being awesome. 

I cut out some 90 degree angles from mailing labels as I haven't seen chevron tip guides at the stores for a while. I like the chevron French tip - it seems really vicious to me in comparison to the soft curve of a normal french....

I also added a pink crystal to the Chevron Mani, I wanted to see how long it would last with my crafty activities of this Sunday afternoon..... and it held on very well - I had to scrape it off! And all I used was my normal top coat to affix it in place, then another coat of top coat over my whole nail...... and it stayed in  place just fine.

This polish combo ended up being very subtle and the crystal was just enough bling for me. I know i have wrote it many times - but this Pure Ice polish 'Busted' is a must have.... and it's only $2.00 USD.

( Pure Ice please come to Canada! )

Fluorescent lighting
  

evening sun
  
by a sorta sunny window
  
In the evening sun
  
I havent spotted any chevron tip guides lately so I made my own

  

I cut these out of mailing labels..... its a 90 degree angle 


apply chevron tip guides & add 2 coats of Pure ice 'Busted' affix gem & add a coat of T.C.


Below is just my franken 'Sidewalk Grey' - 2 coats with 1 coat of Nailene Top Coat



  


  

  


 ♥
  


8 comments:

Skulda said...

That looks excellent!

Perles & Paillettes said...

The combo of these colors is great. I love that franken, purple reflects on grey are evry nice :)

WizardsOfBling said...

Really nice job!
Love the mail label tip!
~Sylvia

Anonymous said...

That's a very cool mani! Love what you did with the Pure Ice polish

Paige said...

Ooo, very pretty!

jaljen said...

I tried the sticky labels and they really work. Genius idea.

MM said...

wow, I love how subtle chevron is!

Also, I looked at the pictures before reading, and then had to scroll back up to see what that pretty base color was so that I could buy it, and it turns out it's a franken! It's really pretty!

Katrina said...

Thats really cool!