Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

♥ E.L.F. - Dark Navy ♥





~ E.L.F. - Dark Navy = 2 coats & 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong T.C.~
~ RING= N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim 2 coats & 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong T.C.~


Wow this polish totally looks black~unless you are in the strong sunlight and 5 inches away. I wish it could have been just 2 shades lighter...... This is one of the few polish I have had that was way darker on the nail then in the bottle. When I purchased this polish I thought that this would be the case~ that it would be a rich shimmery navy that would require 1 million coats ( okay I figured it would be at least 4 coats)..... But this is 2 coats, I was a little heavy handed with this polish as I am not used to these square handles.

So It is not a bad polish I just think it would serve me better to be a little lighter, because the color is really, really cool, it is very shimmery and the formula is great for a polish that costs $ 1.50 CAD.

On my RING finger, for comparison I have used N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim = 2 coats & T.C. for comparison.... I love that N.Y.C. polish. I just checked out the E.L.F. site and most of their swatches look nothing like the polish's.....

Is there some acronym or a word that people are using to describe polish's that 'pretty-much-look-black-in-most-lighting-except-sunshine' because I think that there should be one..... so I don't have to write that when i wear polish's like this.... ANY IDEAS??????? B.I.M.L.E.S..blimmels....




~ Sunshine ~

~ all in the Shade with Flash ~





6 comments:

April and Ashley said...

I was disappointed with this color too. Sounds great in theory. It is honestly hard to tell it isn't black even in direct light. However I have found that it works great for Konad!

jaljen said...

Whichever way you look at it - it's black. I hate it when that happens.
ISINBII

it says it's not black but it is

awesomevegan said...

I agree this one basically looks black. I love BIMLES btw :)

1xellus1 said...

GAWJUS! I own this color. haven't rocked it yet! Your sunshine pics are stellar! LOVE it! I'm following. Great post, great blog! Your nails are BEAUTIFUL!

Becky (everyday makeup) said...

your blog is gorgeous. I love the huge photos of your nail work. Thanks for following.

Gejba said...

N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim - I'm salivating. :)))