Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

♥ Copper GLITTERPOCALYPSE ♥




In the post BELOW I have added photos on how I did this. I started with 2 coats of the lovely  pretty-much-looks-black Sally Hansen 'Mocha Madness'. It is only in the strong sunshine that you cans see the brownness and shimmer in this polish. I then sponged on Sally Hansen 'Dark Nut Brown' to the tips of my nails, waited for it to dry, then applied a coat of clear polish and used a toothpick to randomly add these copper square glitters. I swiped on another coat of clear polish, then sprinkled on come small copper glitter, just a smidgen of a shade darker then the copper square glitter.When it was dry to the touch I brushed of any loose pieces of glitter and added a big glob of ChG Fast Forward - waited for that to set then added 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.
I am very pleased with how this turned out. It was not at all difficult and is definitely very blingy. People were doing double takes at the grocery store today. While it may be hard to pick out in some photos, this copper square glitter has a very mirror-like finish, next time I will add the copper square glitter on top of the smaller glitter for even more blingy-ness. I do like the control I get when I use loose glitter for nail art like this. While ChG Fast Forward has gotten stinkier & thicker with more use, I find that it really seals copious amounts of glitter in ~ I hope I can find a mini bottle of it in the future.



~ Shade ~
 



~ Indoor Fluorescent Lighting ~

 ~ Shade ~
 


~ Crappy Indoor Lighting ~
 

 ~ Shade ~
 


~ Evening Sun ~


~ Shade ~

~ Fluorescent Lighting ~

~ Evening Sun ~

~ Shade ~

~ Evening Sun ~

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so nifty - I love it!

ainos2 said...

Oh My! That mani is absolutely wonderful!!!

Jodes said...

You have done an amazing job! That looks stunning. It's like you have dunked your finger nails in brown sugar. Gorgeous!

x

Anonymous said...

So hoott!! Me and my friend want to try this look!! Where do u buy the loose glitter?