Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

♥ Department Store Standouts ♥


Here is a lovely late night skittles I did of some department store polish's which are inexpensive and very lovely colors. Of course my beloved N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim is in this line up, as well as 4 Wet n' Wild polish's which have been covered many, many times on blogs and elsewhere. In Canada - these Wet n' Wild Polish's run form $1.57 to $3.29 ( ? ). They are the least expensive at Walmart... and go up from there at different dept. stores and pharmacies. I haven't seen this collection of N.Y.C. bottles around these parts for a while, so I am not sure if they are still available in Canada (are they ? ). I had wrongly overlooked N.Y.C. in the past, and totally regret not picking up a few of the really cool colors of Long Wearing Nail Enamel collection that they did have. If I find them I am totally buying 2 more back up bottles of N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim, as well as a few other polish I have seen on Nail-Gal & the blogs.

PINKY - Wet n' Wild - Bijou Blue - 4 coats & 2 coats of T.C. ( 4 coats- I'll layer in a future mani)
RING - N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim -  2 coats & coats of T.C.
MIDDLE - Wet n' Wild - Caribbean Frost  - 3 coats & 2 coats of T.C.
INDEX - Wet n' Wild - Wild Orchid - 3 coats & 2 coats of T.C.
THUMB - Wet n' Wild - Sapphire Blue - 3 coats & 2 coats of T.C.

All my photos are indoors under a fluorescent lamp, I did this late, late at night, just for fun. I really should pay these more attention, as they are beautiful colors. I tend to favor to polish's only if they are 2 coat to opacity,  But I'll let these Wet n' Wild polish slide. They are very pretty, dry fast and are cheap.

 



~ Wet n' Wild - Wild Orchid ~

 

10 comments:

Paige said...

What pretty colors; I love it!

Angela said...

I have been obsessing over navy blue nails lately...great post!

Whitney G said...

I love Wet 'n Wild Wild Shine polishes, and have also had good luck with NYC polishes. Proof that you don't have to spend a fortune to have pretty, colorful nails!

The Caribbean Frost is especially gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing!

chocaddict said...

Oh how I wish wet n wild was available here, I've had a lemming for wild orchid from the very first day I urned into a polish fiend

Dee said...

Skin Tight Denim is the kind of blue that makes me want to stare at it all day! <3

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

I got a few NYC colours (but no Skin Tight Denim) when they decided to change the packaging. Some colours are quite sheer and not all equal.

And yeah, WnW is more expensive in Canada, as I heard it's only .99 in the US :-)

Great blue nails

Lucy said...

They are all gorgeous blues. I love Skin Tight Denim. That's such a rich blue. I bought some WetnWild and I really like them. I really loved Soul Mate. I was really suprised by them.

Katie said...

I don't know if you ever do swaps, but I have two bottles of Skin Tight Denim if you're interested.

Katie

bluepeng04 (at) gmail (d0t) com

Anonymous said...

hi~
guess what?
actually i was looking for this post cause I wasn't sure if it was you (though i felt that it was) who really liked the skin tight denim, and would want backups...

well...
:D
my friend got a BUNCH of discount/d/ced polish, and denim was in the bunch XD

And I thought of you~
do you still need backups?

anyway shoot me an email if you still dooooo~
rasilla012[at]gmail[dot]com^^

otherwise ill keep those babies to myself lol

Anonymous said...

oh~ just read the comment before mine XD if u did get them from the other commenter, well nvm then XD