Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

♥ Franken 'Lite-Green' ♥



~ Franken "Lite Green" 3 coats, 2 coats of T.C. ~

This is definitely another franken color that has me scrambling for comparison. It has been harder to come up with names and find common objects or other polish's to compare these to, than it was to make them.....I think Karma is coming back to me for making fun of polish names in the past. I totally marred my index finger just after the third coat of this, so please ignore it. After swatching this, I thought hat it was in-line with my 'Army' themed Franken-polish's, but after wearing it for a couple of hours this is way -waaaaaaaaay too bright to be aligned with any army-ish colors. The neon polish I used as a base is far too bright to be used in any practical camouflage-type situation.


So I think I'm gonna call this "Lite-Green" for now, until I come up with something better.


I created this Franken by starting with a base of Billie 'Neon Green', then adding a few drops of a plain black polish, and some plain white polish, till I achieved the color I wanted. The neon green I used kept this franken bright and noticeable. This is 3 coats of the green franken, with 2 coats of China Glaze Fast Forward. I was shocked that 5 layers of polish dried in such a timely manor.....I even took a shower less than 1/2 and hour after polishing and no smudges, or shrinkage = WOW.

All my photos are outside in the Sunshine and Shade. Normally I model my LEFT hand, but I have some un-pretty cuticle issues ( that are clearing up ). In the future I hope to update this post with a similar polish, and some everyday objects and which are similar in tone/color to this polish.

~♥~


I like this photo, below. I was happy to come across some moss to use as a prop and as comparison for this polish. Even though I added black and white polish to my base polish Billie 'Neon Green' = it still retained it's brightness. This is in the shade with flash.


~ Shade with Flash ~

~ Full Sunshine ~

~ Shade ~

~ Below No Flash ~

3 comments:

Paige said...

That is a really cool color! I like how it is bright in some lights and more toned down in others!

Lucy said...

Another beauty of a shade! I love this one also. What shades are next that your going to franken?

Nail Art Sakura said...

Wouahhh it is this fabulous green!