Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stretch that mani!



 ( I totally photo-shopped this photo )

 I took these photos in the early EARLY morning sun.I wanna try doing my nails and taking photos early in the mornings as I am more likely to complete a blog post that day. My usual routine is to do my nails in the evening, having a bit more time to devote to nail art and experimenting, but I find that I start looking at nail blogs, and run out of time to post my own stuff or even finish my manicures! Does this happen to anyone else?

 Here is an interesting question..... I know I can easily spend hours looking at nail blogs and nail art videos on you tube ( pinterest and google....anywhere  )

 How much time do you estimate you spend per week looking at nail polish related stuff?

Has this already been covered somewhere else? If so let me know in the comments. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Today's nails are an update of my mani from yesterday. I removed the polish from my ring nails, then re-painted with my franken Purple Plain, then sponged on China glaze Grape Juice on the to 3/4 of my nails, added another coat of Top Coat, then affixed these lovely nail gems that I picked off of a scrapbook sticker from Micheal's craft store.....so far they are holding on just fine.


from yesterday


 The early morning light totally washed out this fabulous franken. I thought that just a big nail gem plunked down on my nail would look weird so I sponged on some China Glaze Grape Juice. I like how this turned out and have a similar photo in my 'nailspiration' folder but in green......


o



11 comments:

Sincerely Stephanie said...

Very cute way to extend the life of a manicure.
I spend waaaaayy too much time looking at nail things. Probably 4ish hours a day. Although I have unlimited internet access at work and not much work to do so I do a lot of that there.

jaljen said...

Hours. Then there's shopping for polish and polishing. Too long.

Paulina said...

Hours. I spend way to much already. I say maybe 4-5 hours a day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! :D

The Phalanges Friend said...

This is gorgeous!! I'm gonna steal it btw.

And I used to spend hours of my life every day reading nail blogs and making wishlists. Now because of school, I only have a few minutes a day and a couple of hours on Saturday.
It's not enough. ;___;

GaffoRama said...

I spend hours of my day reading my blogroll, sometimes I wonder how I end up fitting in work and school! lol I read most of it from my phone in between other things, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get that nail fix! (and prevent the blogroll from snowballing into hundreds of posts!)

Jackie said...

Gorgeous mani.....I usually do mine early in the morning when no one else is up, if I wait until night I don't get it done either !!!

Unknown said...

I would spend a good 8 hours( not continuously :P ) looking at nail stuff. There are just so many blogs that I like and nail varnish swatches I want to double check and maybe buy ;)

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

You prob know what I'm gonna say, but I'm scared to admit how much time I spent looking at nail stuff the same way I'm scared to count my stash :)

Anonymous said...

Oh jeez...I probably spend about half the amount of time I sleep in a week, looking at nail polish blogs and doing my nails. It's sad really

Pretty said...

Love it. Many hours. Most the times it help calm me down. When I in a bad mood many hours because I mess up more