Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Grass


 Hoppy Easter Everyone. Today I wanted to have grass on my nails...... I used Icing Bamboozled - an extremely photogenic "spritely lite green matte creme which dried as I was applying it" (that's a quote from me lol ) I used a dark green Icing stripe polish for the grass, then added a coat of TC and thought I was done. I whipped up a pizza and painted some around the house projects = then decided this mani needed just a touch of glitter, so I swiped on Wet n Wild Hallucinate over the grassy area.

Here is a little something I found using the google machine about Easter Grass 


Easter Grass;


The idea came from the Dutch Tradition of celebrating the Easter Hare. Dutch Children would create a bird's nest for the hare to leave eggs. The Pennsylvania Dutch brought this tradition with them when they came to America.


When I think of Easter decorations or Easter Traditions, I think of Eggs ( obviously ) but also that multicoloured cellophane Easter grass. Cats looooove that stuff, so please be aware of that!


2 coats of Icing Bamboozled, Icing green stripe polish & Nailene Top Coat

with Wet n Wild Hallucinate swiped over the grassy area


w/ my nubbon-ized thumb nail


o

17 comments:

Jennius - Gold Speck Nails said...

Really pretty:]

Anonymous said...

Love this! It really does resemble Easter grass :-)

- said...

So beautiful and cheering! In an other way, with other colors, I can totally see seagrass indolently moving in the deep sea. You inspire me. =)

GaffoRama said...

I love that called it the "google machine!" I say that all the time, in fact, I add machine to the end of a lot of things. lol

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

Wow, just awesome!!! Love the little sparkle that you addded as well. Happy Easter!

Yasmin said...

This is sooo pretty :) Nice job!

Sparkly Vernis said...

Gorgeous!

Tini said...

OMG, the design is so simplistic is gorgeous! Loves it!

Sincerely Stephanie said...

Those are so pretty and look soo great!

peripatetic33 said...

great job

Jackie said...

this is quite pretty!

Kayleigh said...

Love this!! The colours are perfect and the glitter is a cute touch :)

Run With Fashion said...

LOOOOVE YOUR EASTER GRASS NAILS!! Nice idea!
When I googled Easter nail art, I saw the same ideas of bunnies and eggs and some grass, but nothing like yours!
I love your idea :)

New follower :)

-Eliza

Ballet Shoes said...

I Love this!

Marisa said...

I love this mani!!!

Pretty said...

Ooooh. Grass cute