Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snowman and snow drifts



above and below; 3 thin coats of NYC Pier 17, Billie white for the snowman and Fing'rs nail art pen (old) for the glitter. I dotted on some areas with Wet n' Wild Kaleidoscope, and used Wet n' Wild Black Creme for the black accents. This was very easy to do but I think I will skip the scarf next time. I added a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong TC, but I only wore this for the day. I intended to free hand some snowflakes on the rest of my nails, but I cannot do a good job with the free hand snow-flakes. I will stick to the stickers... ha-ha-ha, I mean I will stick to using nail art stickers for intricate things such as snowflakes and flowers, etc.







~ Snowdrifts ~

This is 1 coat of NYC Skin Tight Denim, followed by Billie Silver sponged on the diagonal with 1 coat of TC.  The sponge technique is a great way to add alot of flair to a mani VERY easily. I just dot nail polish onto a small piece of aluminum foil, dip the sponge in the polish and gently and dab it on my nails.... gradually fading it from the tips or towards the tips of my nails. I just used an ordinary kitchen sponge for this one, but using a foam craft brush works great, too.




And here is a few more photos.... All indoors under fluorescent lighting.



The rest of these photos are 1 coat of NYC Skin Tight Denim, followed by Billie Silver sponged on the diagonal with 1 coat of TC.  The sponge technique is a great way to add alot of flair to a mani VERY easily. I just dot nail polish onto a small piece of aluminum foil and dab it on my nails.... gradually fading it from the tips or towards the tips of my nails. I just used an ordinary kitchen sponge for this one, but using a foam craft brush works great, too.

Here is a gret video for learning the sponge technique on YOUTUBE....


And here is a few more photos.... All indoors under fluorescent lighting.



This Billie polish is super- duper, ridiculously metallic... it looks like tiny pieces of metal. This bottle has contaminated 2 perfectly good bottles of TC, before I figured out why my TC had little bits of silver in them.....






12 comments:

Nail Designs xox said...

Oh my god that is soo cute! I looveee it!

Lucy said...

Love both of your manicures. I love NYC polish also. Looking forward to more nail art. Do you have some Santa manicures?

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

How darling! The Snowdrift almost looks like it was airbrushed.

Leticia said...

That is so cute!

The Phalanges Friend said...

These are so adorable!! You're so good with nail art.

amusedPolish said...

i absolutly love this mani :o

Beatlemarta said...

WOW!!
Your blog is great!!
I just started following you and have already added you to my blogroll!

Heather said...

I love the snowman! And the sponging looks GORGEOUS, those colors are so beautiful together.

Zara said...

I love both of these manis! Your sponging is absolutely perfect.

Anonymous said...

I love your glitters!!! You have great ideas to use them!
:D

I am kind of new in the nail art world, as you can see in my blog: http://artonnails.blogspot.com ... but I learn a lot with you!

Nikki said...

These manicures are so nice! I love the snowman!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

♥ Nail Designs xox - Thanks it was super- duper easy to do.

♥ Lucy - Thanks they were both very easy to do - I think a Santa would be too advanced for me. I might try to buy some tiny Santa stickers.

♥ Kimberly - WOW---- Really? Thank you - that was the easy part.... just a blob of white and tracing it with the silver nail art thing from Fing'rs.

♥ Cosmetics Aficionado - Thanks!

♥ ChaosButterfly - Thanks I try to do the easy stuff and share i with everyone,

♥ amusedPolish - Thanks!

♥ Beatlemarta - Thanks i will add u too!

♥ Heather / Eyeconic - Thanks sponging is the easiest way to add some flair to your manis.

♥ Zara - Thanks it was easy to do.

♥ Alice - Thanks! I will add u ot my blog rool and follow u too.

♥ Nikki - Thanks the snowman is easy to do.