Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

♥ Icing Purple PJ's & a quick comparison♥





Icing Purple PJ's is a very dark purple jelly-ish polish with subtle silver/lilac shimmery flakes. I should have known better and layered this over a similar coloured opaque polish as this is 3 coats with TC.  Next time I'll be layering this over NYC China Town or a another dark purple.

Further in this post is a quick comparison with some other sheer/jelly polish's that also have some flakie-ness. Every time I look at Sinful Colors I LOve You I immediately want to polish my nails with it. I love that polish but I have never worn it as a full manicure...! Also I am practicing free-hand nail art and added a not-too-bad photo of some zebra stripes......

At the moment I'm having some bloggy and camera issues, I miss posting stuff and have alot of backed up posts  :o(  . Is anyone else having blog issues?  Do I need to back link... whatever that means?








 ( indoor flo )







And a quick comparison of a few glass flecked blurple jelly-ish polish's I have...... Allare 3 coats without TC. It is sooooo worth it to layer these types of glass flecked jelly's over a similar opaque base colour.


L - R Sinful-I love You, Icing-Purple P.J.'s, Confetti-Happy B-day,and Arissa- Rock'in Amethyst,




L - R Sinful-I love You, Icing-Purple P.J.'s, Confetti-Happy B-day,and Arissa- Rock'in Amethyst,



 I made this brush thinner by slowly and carefully I snipping an old make-up brush to a thinner size. I am trying to work out a nice way to add some zebra stripes to all 10 nails..... it's very hard to do it on my non dominant hand.....


...... I need alot more practice




6 comments:

The Phalanges Friend said...

Ahhh I'm drooling over Purple PJ's. It's gorgeous!

I think the Zebra stripes look good! The lines are really neat and distinctive, and I think if you hadn't said what they were, someone would still be able to tell.

And I've been having blog issues too. So frustrating. >_<

Unknown said...

Purple Pj's is beautiful! Thanks for the comparisons I do own all except purple Pj's. Your zebra stripes are awesome and you did them by hand I only wish :)

Erin said...

I wonder how Purple PJs would look compared to Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl. They seem like they would be very similar...

And great zebra stripes! :D

Lucy said...

Love all of those polishes. Gorgeous looking. Your nail art is amazing.

Lindsey R said...

Have you ever tried Konad, or do you usually stay away from those?

Wickynail said...

I love the icing nail polish! Where did you buy it? I'm a nail polish addict :)
I also have a nail blog, you can take a look if you want:
http://wickynailblog.blogspot.com/