Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Icing Grey LE and.... cheetah?

 I added the cheetah and zebra using black polish and a dotting tool, I did'nt fell like hunting around for my art brushes -but- I should have used a brush. It turned out decent for my first try. I may even try this with craft paint as it will eliminate some of the polish fly-away strings that are viable on some of my nails.


The base of this is an Icing ( by Claire's ) LE mini polish. I think this is the first GREY polish that I actually bought, and didn't franken myself. I think it is very pretty, the formula was great and the coverage was surprising. I have to add, that adding one of the primary colours to a grey franken (black+white=grey) a few drops of red, blue, or yellow, can subtly or drastically alter a grey franken.

There is a gazillion tutorials on You Tube for animal print nail art like this. I will definitely use a tiny skinny make-up brush next time, and will add the base colour of the cheetah spots, too.

Below is the Icing LE No Name grey no TC at 3 thin coats -  This applied very shiny but dulled too fast. I planned on adding the silver glitter that came in the same set to this but instead did these cheetah and zebra patterns (on my thumbs).




hmmm, this came out in summer 2010 I think.....





9 comments:

Leticia said...

Cute mani!

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

LOVE!!! You are seriously making me want to run out to the nearest ICING and buy some new polish!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

This look is very chic. You did great with the dotting tool here. :)

Kori said...

This looks amazing doll! Check out my Christmas giveaway if you haven't already!

www.blondeepisodes.com

http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2010/11/my-first-real-holiday-giveaway.html#links

Kori xoxo

1xellus1 said...

Loves it!

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I actually thought it was konad.

Lucy said...

Fantastic manicure. Love how you have one different animal print nail.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried using liquid palisade?? It really helps when applying nail polish. It just came out and is going to be big!!

Dia said...

Cute set of polish! I think your nail art turned out fabulously. :) No way could I have done as good a job freehand!!