Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

♥ Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl ♥


Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl is a lovely jelly-ish glass flecked polish. There is some neat colour changes going on in the bottle with the flakes but this does not translate well across the nail. This is two coats of Daddy's Girl layered over 2 coats of N.Y.C. China Town, and a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I was surprised at how dark this polish was and expected it to be a little lighter and a little brighter. Next time I wear this I will be layering it over a light baby pink or even a light perriwinkle shade of polish.

Below; I have layered this polish over a bright pink Color-Rama polish; Candy Apple, on my ring finger and layered Sinful Colors Daddy's girl over it. I think it looks really cool layered over a bright pink or red shade as well as a darker shade.



ColorRama Candy Apple 2 coats on my RING nail











 Sun

Shade with Flash






Layering Daddy's Girl over NYC China Town darkened the overall color of this polish. I know that this will look great without being layered over a darker opaque colour, but I wanted a rich dark shade of polish for my nails today. If you do a Google image search of this polish there are dozens of photos of Daddy's Girl alone; it is sheer and probably needs 4 to 5 coats to be opaque and to achieve the bottle colour.

I love any sort of flake or chunks of glitter in my polish right now.... Thankfully there is alot to choose from with recent collections.

The rest of these photos are of Sinful Daddy's Girl Layered over NYC China Town.


Shade with Flash

Shade with Flash


Sinful Daddy Girl

X-treme close up

Indoor Flo ( 2 coats of NYC China Town )

Sun

Shade

Shade with Flash




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love that combo :)

Danielle said...

cool purple, i love the colorama :) I'm headed to the states this weekend, wish me luck!

Erika said...

Oooo! I never thought of layering Daddy's Girl over pink. I am going to have to try it. :D

Anonymous said...

I have this and love it! Never thought about layering with it though...too busy swatching them all but I have to try layering them.

f u said...

this is one of my all time favorites.. it's so pretty on you!

Anonymous said...

Love it! The flecks are really pretty ^.^

Pam said...

Ooh, I love the deep grape color of Daddy's Girl. And the flecks in it are amazing!

Lucy said...

I didn't realize that this was that sheer. Glad to know. I love it so it's dark. Love the glitter in it. I always forget to layer my polishes. Guess because I have so many to try!

Lunatica said...

Beautiful combination! I like it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee, I hope you don't mind but I took a photo from this blog post, I stated it was from your blog and I follow you but if you want me to take it down let me know :)

Thanks

Purple Fairy Dust