Sally Hansen 'Soft Satin' layered over NYC 'Chinatown' with some metallic sponged tipz
So after wearing this NYC polish for a few days, I needed to disguise the tip wear I had. I did not use Top Coat with this NYC polish 'China Town', and so I ended up with alot of tip wear. I applied 2 coats of an awesome older polish; Sally Hansen 'Soft Satin' that I found at a discount store in my town. When it was dry, I sponged on Billie 'Plutonium Plum' a medium purple foil polish to the tips of my nails, and over the edge as well. (I use a regular kitchen sponge for my sponging), I think that when I sponge on foil or metallic polish's it sorta looks like glitter... or something flashy.....Without the insane removal afterward.
Below is a photo of the NYC polish 'China Town' The formula on these was fabulous, it really does dry fast, maybe not in one minute..... but it dries fast, there is a nice range of color's & finish's and the price is great. I bought mine at my local grocery store for $ 2.29 CAD, but these can be found at walmarts in North America ( website )
I think this was a great way to disguise tip wear, and prolong a manicure for a few more days. I had run out of cotton balls & remover, so I had to wait until the next day for stores to open. Check out the cutest tiny teeny cotton balls I found at my favirote store in my town ( the .99 cent store)
2 coats of Sally Hansen 'Soft Satin'
How I did this;
- 3 coats of NYC 'China Town' ( this is a 2 coater polish - I was careless & sloopy so I needed 3
- 2 coats of Sally Hansen 'Soft Satin'
- wait for the 'layered' polish to dry♥
- Using a regular kitchen sponge, I sponged on Billie Plutonium Plum, an awesome purple foil
- When I was sure everything was dry I used 2 coats of Billie Top Coat. These Billie foil polish's are easily transferred to the brush of my top coats... maybe I don;t let them dry enough but I always pick up color with my top coat, so now when I use these Billie Metallic & Foil Polish's I use a top coat that I have especially reserved for this type of polish. ( I have one for my pigment frankens as well ) If you look closely you can see on my INDEX & THUMB where the foil polish is all over my nail, not just on the tips. OOPS!
NYC 'China Town', Sally Hansen 'Soft Satin', Billie 'Plutonium Plum' & Billie T.C.
These teeny cotton ballz are like 1/3 of the size of regular cotton ballz. There sooo cute!