Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

♥ I L♥VE YOU MOM- Sally Hansen - 'Iris Opal' {layered over black} ♥


1 coat of Sally Hansen 'Iris Opal' over black false nails
PINKY is 3 coats


This is not my greatest polish job- but I had to get this on my nails as soon as possible. I love how this polish looks over black, it is clearly a blue sheer iridescent polish in the bottle, but over black it is this in-describable eggplant bronze, a coppery pink, and a few different shades in between. Way to go MOM!

Every time I go to my Mom's she has a drugstore stunner waiting for me. This is Sally Hansen 'Iris Opal' 1 coat over black false nails. I added 2 coats of my cheap Billie brand Top Coat. This polish definitely needs to be thinned out a little, possibly by adding some clear polish to it. I love the iridescence and duo-chrome this polish has. I think that it the color was watered down, I could use 2 to 3 coats and get the same effect - minus the streaky-ness....

On my nails is 1 coat of Sally Hansen 'Iris Opal' followed with 2 coats of T.C. - My pinky has 3 coats, followed with two thin coats of T.C. As with all sheer duo-chromes and shimmery polish's, I wear them over a deep dark color to really bring out their beauty. No true sheer polish for this girl! 

I have like 20 polish's like this = sheer iridescent or sheer duo-chromes waiting to be swatched, and so I thought I would cheat by wearing BLACK false nails to swatch on. However these nails are not reacting well to nail polish remover, and so I will be going back to my trusty Fing'rs brand un-painted false nails, painting them black, and swatching.


Hopefully in the photo below - the blue-ness as well as the iridescence is coming across. On the left is 2 coats of Sally Hansen 'Iris Opal' over 2 coats of black polish, while on the left is 2 coats of Sally Hansen 'Iris Opal' over an acrylic false nail.  Each nail has 2 coats of T.C.



.

 







 

 L-1 coat over black R- 3 coats over black




~ Indoors ~



 ~ Indoors ~





4 comments:

Paige said...

That is so pretty!

nihrida said...

WOW! One coat over black = Winner! What a gorgeous combo! I love it! =)

styrch said...

Oh sweet jesus is that gorgeous over black! Good call!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

.
♥♥♥ Way to go Mom ♥♥♥

♥ Gildedangel - Thanks! I wish I thinned it out a little more to get rid of the brush strokes.....

♥ Nihrida - Thanks! It is a beautiful polish.... I love it over black

♥ Strych - Thanks! It is a pretty one.