Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

♥ Glittery french tips ♥



A quick-ee post on my glittery french tips. I do not like to have a large area of white french tip, and I generally buy the pre-painted/ pre-decorated french tips. Plus I have an asqued perception that I have short nail beds, so I try to make mt tip area a little smaller than what most people would do. I wanted to use a glitter that was very subtle and so I covered the white polished tips of my nails with clear nail polish, then gently sprinkled this very pretty white glitter that flashes copper/gold and pinks. I waited for it to dry - THEN BRUSHED OFF AS MUCH LOOSE GLITTER AS I COULD, because I did not want to ruin another bottle of top coat by contaminating it with glitter.I sealed in the glitter with 2 coats of top coat and Viola !!! Subtle Glitter Tips.


1} started with french mani... looked outside = rain and gloom; solution GLITTER!



2} Swipe clear nail polish across white french tip:
3} Sprinkle any glitter you like.....


4} gently brush off loose glitter as to not have glitter all over your house like I do.


5} be sure that there is not any glitter which may be picked up with your 4th bottle of clear top coat so far this year, because you have carelessly gotten glitter into said top coats accidentally, 4 times already in 1 year.



5} enjoy your glittery french mani. Vaccume for several hours to try and get as much glitter as possible out of carpeting before any one notices, or also becomes covered in glitter.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Because I will be doing alot of craft projects, and sewing projects in the next few weeks, I have switched to Nailene active length nails. I love my beautiful ong nails I usually wear but these are more practical for me at the moment.


~ My new Shorties ~

6 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty and your commentary made me laugh.

ThRiSzHa said...

wow!! those were FAB NAILS..i would try this out on my nails.. u inspired me.. thanks for this blog...have a great weekend sweety...

Lucy said...

Very pretty. Thanks for your funny commentary and photos. That is really a pretty look.

rijaH said...

That is really cute :) and easy frensh to do.. maybe a bit messy though :PP

adorepink said...

I love this! I want to try it :-)

sunshowers said...

you should use one of the bottles you already have glitter in every time you do this. the way i see it you are already putting glitter on, so use the one that already has some in it!!