Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Independance Day Manicure & New Blogs


a simple sponge mani for Independence Day

but first, new blogs! I have added these to my blog roll. I figured out how to fix the 'follow' issue but my photo is fuzzy and wonky & I have given up trying to fix it..

 my nail topia

lively lacquer

 polish amor

asymmetrical beauty

 the nail polish rehab candidate

 a little glitter and sparkle

 i came i saw i bought

 blinger nails

 marshee  

 red hair and black nail polish

 nothing but nail polish

 shatter me claire 

if you are a new nail blogger, please don't be shy! link your blog in my comments and I will add you to my blog roll. Also for some reason.... if you add text before a photo; your blog will not have a picture in some peoples blog rolls.....just a note = i did notice that people seem to click on posts that have a photo along with their blogs name.

these types of sheer sparkly polish`s are life savers! They disguise many flaws as well as lumpy-ness and ridges. This is a discontinued Wet n Wild Rock Solid called sparkling diamonds

stuff I used for this red white & blue sponge mani


I started with a base of Sally Hansen Chrome in diamond, then sponged on white diagonally across my nails, added Sally Hansen X-treme wear Red Carpet at the base and Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Blue It at the tips. I used 1 coat of Wet n Wild Sparkling Diamonds then finished up with a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.

I started with a base of silver Chrome from Sally Hansen - I like using this as a 'base'

sponged on the white diagonally and centered across my nails


added the red at the base and blue at the tips


viola! Happy fourth of July



18 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is so cute. I did a sponged Canada Day mani on my blog as well. Feel free to check it out nail-a-holic.blogspot.com :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome nails!!! Can u add me to your blog roll too? www.imfeelingnail-venturous.blogspot.com

Hannah J said...

This is a great mani!!! Check out my blog www.paintmeprettyhjc.blogspot.com

lindsaylemon said...

They look lovely, also thank you for adding me to your blog roll! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, so cute! If I were american I would have done the same...

Love your blog, I stumbled across it the other day.

I'll add you to my blog roll. :-)

http://nailsbynoir.blogspot.com/

nana said...

that is a beautiful manicure!
xx

http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

yay another gorgeous sponge mani!!!

Unknown said...

oh these are super cute. i didnt even do festive nails for 4th of july but anyway. thanks for following.

Whitney @ ElementalStyles said...

I was thinking of doing a sponge mani for the 4th too but ended up trying fireworks! This looks great :)

Polish AMOR said...

this sponging came out super cute... & thanks for adding me to your blogroll :)

Freshie said...

So gorgeous! Really great idea with the sponging~

Maartje said...

I have seen a lot 4th of July posts the last days, but none were like this. So it's original!

Like it :)

Minnie said...

Happy Independence Day~!!! The design is soooo gorgeous, as usual;D I do have nail blog too!! Please visit if you get a chance;p
http://miniblog.create-magical-nails.com/

Gottwinkies said...

Amazing and beautiful! I don't have a good blue for the red white and blue...so I didn't do a patriotic mani...crushed me! Will def have to fix that error in my stash!

Em said...

I loooove it!!! Looks amazing!

My blog is http://nailsinthedesert.blogspot.com .. I'll add you to my blogroll if you add me!

tasha~ said...

Love the tutorial! Your nails look great !!

Nailsaloveaffair said...

I've been following your blog and I must say I love your designs! =) http://nailsaloveaffair.blogspot.com/

♥ Sarah Claire ♥ said...

Awww - thanks for adding me :D *feels loved*