Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

♥ Super Chrome Anemone Diamond & Firey Pink Diamond Chevron ♥

Sally Hansen Super Chrome Anemone Diamond & Fiery Pink Diamond with Nailene Nail crystals.

Here is a pretty chevron french tip mani that I did using Sally Hansen Anemone Diamond Chrome as the base, and Sally Hansen Fiery Pink Diamond for the tips. I started out with 2 coats of Anemone Diamond, and applied a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top coat. After wearing this alone for the day I needed to add something too it, so I cut a Nailene Straight French Tip guide in half and affixed them to my nails to create a point.


 I think both of these names for these chrome polish's are off..... Anemones are sea creatures or flowers and very few of them are this colour=  I think it should be called "Heavy Metal Mulberry". The pink shade I used for my tips.....does not really fit into the fire category...... I think instead of Fiery Pink Diamond it should be called "Robot Bubble Gum".


I then applied 2 thin coats of Sally Hansen Fiery Pink Diamond Chrome to the tips and when that was dry, I removed the tip guides and affixed a crystal to the point of the chevron using Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. Normally I just use nail glue but I wanted to experiment and see how long it would hold = it actually held up pretty well, but I recommend using Nail Glue to keep these crystals on your nails.

I did not apply top coat to my whole nail as I usually do; I have been  swatching alot the last few days, and although I imagined this colour combo was just not 'me' I ended up really liking it. They are such girly girl colours.

anyhoo - here is a million photos ( 17 in total ) but I wanted to show how I 'made' these chevron tip guides..... you used to be able to easily find these in stores, but I guess they are not in style any more. I did my thumb free hand which is amazing = = but there is no way I could pull that off on my NON dominant hand.


Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ! ♥

Flash

Sally Hansen Chrome Anemone Diamond - early a.m. Sunshine
2 coats with 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat


Sun

Shade

with Fiery Pink Diamond tips = Shade

The crystals I used......Nailene and I believe are still available

I cut the straight Nailene Tip Guides in half
Affixed them to my nail .....
like this...............
.......another photo
applied 2 thin coats of a very pretty chrome polish Sally Hansen Fiery Pink Diamond. - - My goodness these dry fast!
Remove Tip Guides
Apply crystal..... I put it right on the line between the two shades..... normally I would apply top coat after removing the tip guides......just being a lazy bunzzzzz.


















In the shade


An indoor florescent photo featuring my nubbin thumb that I free-hand chevron-ed ( is that a word )

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the colour and the rhinestones are a great addition :)

Cel said...

Very pretty, thank you for the tutorial. I will have to try this out for sure :)

jaljen said...

Definitely got the wow factor!!!!

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

WOW, those chrome polishes are amazing!!! LOVE IT!!

Audrey said...

What a great combo!! LOVE this idea!! I've never seen straight guides before - will need to look for them. Awesome mani!!

Anonymous said...

Super girly I love them!

Freshie said...

I LOVE chrome, great combo :). Please add my blog to your roll www.polishfreshie.blogspot.com.

Thanks!

Susie said...

Really nice. Great tutorial. :)
Oh and I don't know if you have entered my giveaway but I'm only 17 followers from drawing the winner if you are interested in entering. :)
http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/please-enter-my-giveaway-o.html
Susie

Johanna (Paillette) said...

Beautiful!!!!

Ashley said...

Your chevron mani is so cute!

Markétka said...

you chose beautiful colors!

Anonymous said...

This just might be the only way that two colour frenchie looks good! Very neat! :) Colours blend together well!

Anonymous said...

You didn't apply a top coat. There's a definite line between your first layer and second layer. :T